This document outlines the series of steps required to configure the NameCoach LTI tools in D2L.
Registering the Application and Retrieving the Application ID and Key from D2L:
1. From within your D2L instance navigate to 'Settings' and then 'Manage Extensibility'
2. Click on 'Register an App'
3. Fill in 'Application Name' (anything is fine here), and under trusted URL put https://www.name-coach.com/lti/d2l/oauth
Feel free to add a short description. Make sure 'Enable this application' and 'I accept the Non-Commercial Developer Agreement'
are checked, and click 'Register Application'.
Adding the Application ID and Key to your NameCoach account:
1. Log in to your NameCoach customer account at https://name-coach.com/login
2. Under 'Account' click 'Settings' and navigate to 'LTI Consumer Keys'
3. Click 'New LTI Consumer Key' and under type select 'D2L'
4. The 'API Endpoint URL' coressponds to your D2L instance url
5. Insert the 'Application ID' and 'Key' you created in step 1.
6. Click on 'Create'
Adding the Tool Link in D2L:
1. From within your D2L instance navigate to 'Settings' and then 'External Learning Tools'
2. Click on 'New Link'
3. Under 'Title' place the name of the tool you're adding (e.g. 'NameCoach Roster', 'NameCoach Recorder', 'NameCoach Roster (Unified)')
4. To find the URL for each tool you can click 'LTI Tool Endpoints' underneath where you've added your D2L consumer key in your NameCoach account.
5. Under 'Key/Secret' click 'Link key/secret'
6. In the 'Key' field add the 'Consumer Key' you generated in NameCoach.
7. In the 'Secret' field add the 'Secret Key' you generated in NameCoach.
8. Under 'Use link security settings', make sure every box is checked.
9. Click on 'Add Org Units' and choose the courses you'd like to add the tool to.
10. Click 'Save and Close'
Adding the NameCoach Tool to the D2L course:
1. Navigate to the course you'd like to add the tools to within your D2L instance
2. Under the course 'Table of Contents', Navigate to 'Existing Activities' and select 'External Learning Tools'
3. Select and click the tool you would like to add
Below is a short screencast showing the NameCoach LTI tools in D2L:
We recognize that D2L allows for a lot of custom configuration when setting up instances and courses. Knowing this, there may be places where these directions don't match up with your D2L instance UI directly. If this occurs please email email@example.com and we will absolutely work with you on a customized integration solution.