Integrating NameCoach into the Sakai LMS is very straightforward - this screencast will show you how.
GET KEY/SECRET FROM NAME-COACH:
1. Login on https://name-coach.com with the costumer account
2. On the top menu, click on Account >> LTI Consumer Keys
3. If there's no key/secret configured to Sakai, click on 'New LTI Consumer Key' and select 'Sakai' on the dropbox.
4. Chose a name (we recommend 'Sakai')
5. The 'Api Endpoint URL', correspond to your Sakai instance, on our screencast we used https://trysakai.longsight.com
/ but yours should be different.
6. Click on 'Create'
INTEGRATE NAME-COACH TO SAKAI:
**For this part, we’ve used Longsight as our Sakai test environment - the directions below are derived from our environment with that vendor. These instructions might not correspond exactly to what you might see in your LMS installation. The overall goal is to configure 2 LTI tools (one for recording and one for playback)( with the key / secret that you created above.**
1. Login on your Sakai instance (in our screencast, we used https://trysakai.longsigh
t.com/ but yours should be different)
2. Click on 'Worksite Setup' on the left menu
3. Chose a course from the list
4. Now there should be a new item on the left menu called 'Site Info'. Click on it.
5. On the top menu, click on 'External Tools'
6. On the right, click on 'Install LTI 1.1 Tool'
7. Fill in the 'Title' and the 'Button Text' fields
8. Fill in the the launch URLs. They are: https://name-coach.com/lt
i/name_pages/init (for Playback tool) and https://name-coach.com/lti /recordings/init (for Recording tool)
9. Grab the launch key and launch secret from Name-Coach's website. These correspond to the 'Consumer Key' and 'Secret Key' created in the FIRST PART of this explanation.
10. On privacy settings, check the boxes: 'Send User Names to External Tool' and 'Send Email Addresses to External Tool'
11. On services, check the box 'Provide Roster to External Tool'
13. Click on 'Site Info' on the left menu
14. Click on 'Manage Tools' on top menu
15. Scroll all the way down, click on 'Plugin Tools', check the boxes and click 'continue'.
16. Click on 'continue' again and then 'finish''
After performing these steps, you should be all set up! If you have any trouble integrating our system to Sakai, please contact email@example.com