Many schools may wish to display and export Name Page roster data with students' marshalling order in mind. This can be easily achieved by creating a 'marshal position' custom attribute, which allows you to integrate marshalling list values into your Name Pages to allow for easy sorting in the future. Below are instructions on how to successfully set this within your Name Page.
1. Add the 'marshal position' custom attribute to your Name Page.
To do this, navigate into your Name Page, then go to 'Admin' >> 'Custom fields' and click '+ Add custom field'. From here, you can set up the custom attribute for your use case. You have the option to keep this attribute hidden by keeping 'Display in invite form' unchecked. You can also make doubly sure that students can't change this value by un-checking 'Allow students to edit field'.
2. Download a sample spreadsheet with the correct headers for your Name Page from either:
- 'Request Names/Your Link' >> 'Upload Excel/CSV' - if you have not yet invited users to record for this Name Page.
- Or 'Admin' >> 'Update Participants' - if you have already invited students to record for this Name Page. Please note that using the 'Update Participants' option, no emails will go out to users. This keeps the process of updating the Name Page with this custom attribute completely transparent to invited users.
3. Copy the 'marshal position' and 'email' values for each student into your sample spreadsheet.
4. Upload the spreadsheet containing these values to your Name Page. You can do this either:
- Under 'Request Names/Your Link' >> 'Upload Excel/CSV' - if you are using this spreadsheet to invite students to record for you Name Page.
- Or under 'Admin' >> 'Update Participants' - if you have already invited students to record and are simply adding in a marshalling order. Please note that using the 'Update Participants' option, no emails will go out to users. This keeps the process of updating the Name Page with this custom attribute completely transparent to invited users.
5. Export your Name Page to Excel.
After uploading the spreadsheet, you will see the 'Marshal position' values in the Name Page roster. You can now export this Name Page to an Excel spreadsheet which you can order by marshal position. This will make it easier to copy/paste data between NameCoach generated and internal spreadsheets, in cases where this is a necessary step.
As always, if you have any questions about this please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org