Creating a NameCoach assignment at the start of the course is a great way to ensure student engagement.
Setting Up the Assignment
In order to do this, simply create a Canvas assignment and change the submission type to NameCoach. See detailed steps below:
- Create a canvas assignment using the Assignments or Module tab in Canvas
- Enter the Assignment name and description in the respective fields
- Change the Submission type to ‘External Tool’
- Click Find and select the NameCoach LTI tool in the ‘External tool URL’ field
- Click Save to save the assignment
Completing the Assignment
This will create a NameCoach Assignment for students. Once published, this assignment will be completed upon students recording their names.
If you’re using the NameCoach Unified Tool, students will be able to record their name pronunciation in the upper area of the tool window. The lower area of the tool window will contain a roster: the recorded names appear in the ‘Recorded names’ tab in the assignment area (screenshot below) whereas the unrecorded names appear in the ‘Unrecorded names’ tab.
Please note: If some students have already recorded their names at a prior time, their name and recording will be pulled by our application and will appear in the recorded names section.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team at email@example.com.