If you are experiencing issues with recording with the Namecoach application, specifically with the web recorder, your browser may be out of date or your browser may not be allowing Namecoach to access your computers microphone. First, try to update your browser. However, if your browser is up to date, try the following steps to make sure your browser is allowing access to your computers microphone:
If you are using Chrome or most chromium based browsers:
1. In Chrome navigate to www.name-coach.com/login
2. To the left of the web address, click the lock icon.
3. Click on 'Site Settings'
4. Navigate to 'Microphone' and make sure the value associated is 'Allow'
5. Attempt to use the web recorder in your recording invite link again
If you are using Firefox:
1. In Firefox navigate to www.name-coach.com/login
2. Click on the menu button on the top right corner (It should look like 3 lines)
3. Select Privacy and Security
4. Scroll down and select Permissions
5. Under permissions click the settings button next to Microphone
6. Add www.name-coach.com to the list of websites that are allowed to access your microphone
If you are using Microsoft Edge:
1. In Edge, navigate to www.name-coach.com/login
2. Click the lock icon next to the website link in the address bar
3. Click the site permissions option
4. Use the drop-down menus to allow permissions for Namecoach to access your microphone.
If you are using Safari:
1. In the top menu bar of your Mac, select "Safari" and select Preferences
2. Select the Websites tab and click on "Microphone"
3. You should see name-coach.com already there in the menu. Make sure the selection to the right either says "ask" or "allow"
If you have any more questions or are experiencing issues with the web recorder, don't hesitate to open a support ticket with Namecoach, and a support developer will be happy to assist you.